I just love dinners I can make ahead of time. These stuffed shells are one of them. We’re ripping out our ugly laminate counters tomorrow and having granite counters installed on Wednesday, so that leaves me with no counters for a few days. These shells are one of my solutions. I’ve made them before and froze them and they still turn out delicious!
- 12 ounces, weight Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 30 ounces, weight Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 8 ounces, weight Parmesan Cheese, Grated, Divided
- ½ cups Grated Romano Cheese
- 1 whole Egg
- 8 leaves Basil, Chiffonade
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Pasta Sauce (homemade or store bought)
Preheat oven to 35oF. Cook pasta shells for half of the suggested time.
Rinse the shells in cold water.
Spoon the cheese mixture into a shell. Be sure not to overfill it.
Freezing instructions: Place stuffed shells on a cookie sheet in freezer. Do not allow shells to touch or they will freeze to each other. Freeze for at least one hour and then place in freezer bags. When you’re ready to make them, simply heat oven to 350F and bake for 5-10 minutes longer.