New Kitchen Wish List

Having a new kitchen is amazing!  I have everything all situated where it should be.  I feel like it’s all logical, minus some minor items.

Here’s what I’m craving to fill my new kitchen with!

A DIY chalkboard.  I have a magnetic notepad I used to keep on the fridge that helped me remember what I had planned for the week.  Now, I enjoy clutter free fridge doors.  I have a wall next to the fridge which is looking pretty bare.  This would be amazing!  Check out the tutorial here.

An ice cream maker.  I know, so impractical.  To most!  I love simple, creamy homemade ice creams.  It’s nice knowing what’s in what I eat.Let me dream, here.  I’d love to try out a copper skillet.  And I might be vain in saying, one (or a set!) would look amazing hanging from my pot rack.  I have a beautiful pot rack and none of my Calphalon Stainless Steel pots/pans fit on it due to the hole size in the handles- I’m heartbroken I can’t use it!

Here you can see a glimpse of the rack:Wouldn’t this pan just fit in so well?!

A kitchen scale.  One cup of flour to me might be one cup of flour different to you.  Did you sift it first?  Did you pack it?  Did you level it?  Did you spin around and clap your hands twice before pouring it in?

Cute artwork.  I don’t even think I have any space for it.  But I want it.

Organizers.  Pottery barn has a cute collection called “Daily System.” I only want the letter bin and office organizer (the one with the key hooks.)  Although, I also like the linen pinboard.  At $54 each, I’ll have to think about it long and hard.

So, what’s on your kitchen wish list?

10 thoughts on “New Kitchen Wish List

1. Joanne

15 Oct on 2011 at 11:32 am

I use my kitchen scale multiple times a day. I think it may actually be my most useful kitchen tool! You should definitely get one…they are so great to have. I love that chalkboard too!

2. GERALDINE LATTUR

15 Oct on 2011 at 11:36 am

So, when is your house warming?

• thedrivencook

15 Oct on 2011 at 1:10 pm

Not sure yet- I’m thinking sometime after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. Although that might be a bit hectic!

3. Kay aka Babygirl

16 Oct on 2011 at 12:09 am

I love just about everything you have on your list.. especially that chalkboard. I want one in at least one room in my home. Wonderful post

4. rsmacaalay

17 Oct on 2011 at 12:52 am

I wanna have a black board in my kitchen similar to the ones you see in cafes where they write their menus, my daughter is creative in writing and always make a hand written menu for the week of what we will be eating.

5. Cavities & Cravings

17 Oct on 2011 at 8:03 pm

FIrst of all, I have an ice cream maker and it’s totally not impractical! Love it!! It makes such delicious simple ice creams :) Also, I love the DIY chalkboard, love love love!!

6. sportsglutton

17 Oct on 2011 at 11:02 pm

Great looking new kitchen!

I supposed I’d take an ice cream maker on our wishlist, but honestly we have everything and more that one needs for a kitchen from our wedding registry and I’d actually like to get rid of some items!

7. Debbie Pollack (Mom)

25 Oct on 2011 at 12:51 pm

Great ideas for Christmas! Remember don’t buy anything for yourself before Christmas!