Click to read baked gujiya recipe in Hindi.
Click to read baked gujiya recipe in English
Also known as Baked Karanji Recipe, aked Mawa Ghujiya. How to baked baked gujiya?
Refined flour – 1 cup (125 grams)
Ghee – 2 tbsp (30 grams)
Milk – ¼ cup
Mawa – ¾ cup (150 grams)
Powdered sugar – ½ cup (100 grams)
Condensed milk – 1 tbsp
Green cardamom – 4
Cashews – 10-12
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Chironji – 1 tbsp
1. Chop the cashews into small chunks and grind the green cardamom seeds into fine powder in mortar pestle. Evenly grease the baking tray with some ghee. Mix 2 tsp of milk and condensed milk in a bowl.
2. Take refined flour in a big mixing bowl and add melted ghee to it. Mix them really well. Add lukewarm milk in small portions to the flour and knead stiff dough as required for making pooris. Cover and keep the dough aside for 15-20 minutes to set.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. For this, take mawa in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for a minute. Later, mawa will get roasted aptly. Allow it to cool down a little. Then add crushed green cardamom, cashews, raisins and chironji to the mawa and mix everything really well. Now mix powdered sugar properly in the mawa mixture. Stuffing is now ready.
4. By the time, dough will be ready as well. Pinch some dough and make smooth peda of it. Then roll out the peda into 3.5 to 4 inch diameter poori. Place the poori on the gujiya mould and put 2 tsp of mawa stuffing over it. Apply some water on the edges of the poori then close the mould tightly and separate the excess dough from the mould.
5. Open the mould and transfer the gujiya to the greased baking tray and similarly make the remaining gujiyas. Preheat the microwave on 200 degree centigrade on convection mode. Afterward, microwave the gujiyas on same mode and temperature for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take out the tray and apply the mixture of milk and condensed milk on the gujiyas with the help of a brush.
6. Flip the sides of the gujiyas and apply the mixture on another side as well. Again microwave them for 8 minutes on 200 degree centigrade. Later, gujiyas will become nice golden brown. Transfer them on a plate.
7. Serve these scrumptious and tantalizing baked gujiyas straightaway. Once they cool down completely, store them in an air-tight container and relish eating for a week.
Baking time varies from microwave to microwave. So, firstly bake the gujiyas for 10 minutes and then keep baking it for few minutes while checking in-between until the gujiyas turns golden brown from both the sides.
For 16 gujiyas
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website
Namaskar! Welcome to nishamadhulika.com. We make gujjias on the festival of holi and diwali. People like them a lot. But some people avoid having too oily food, so for them, today we are going to make baked gujias. This gujia is tasty too and can be made easily. So come, let's start making baked gujia. 125 grams maida 30 grams oil ¼ cup milk Ingredients required for Gujia covering Ingredients required for gujia stuffing 150 gram mawa 100 grams sugar 1 tbsp condensed milk 4 small elaichi 10-12 cashew nuts 1 tbsp raisins 1 tbsp chironji To make baked gujia, first thing we need to do is to prepare the dough. Add melted oil to the maida and mix it well. Add a little bit of hot milk in it and knead the mixture well to make it a little hard. Keep adding milk to it and knead it for sometime. The hard atta is now ready. Cover the dough and let it remain for 15-20 minutes. Our dough will become fluffy and will set. Meanwhile on the other side we will prepare the stuffing of the gujia. Cover and place the maida on the side. Put the mawa in a bowl as it is to be cooked. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute. Meanwhile we can cut the cashew nuts and also make the powder of small elaichi. Once the mawa is baked, churn it well with the help of a spoon. If the oil has come out from the mawa it means our mawa is properly cooked. We don't have to roast the mawa too much. Let the mawa cool down then add sugar to it, otherwise
the sugar will melt and our stuffing will become wet. So let the mawa cool. Till then make a powder of elaichi Add cashew nuts, elaichi powder, raisins and
chironji inside the mawa and mix it all together. We have added raisins, elaichi etc, you can also add dry coconut,
almonds, pistachios or anything else as per your taste and availability. Now the mawa is cool so add sugar to it and mix it well. The stuffing is now ready. We made a stuffing of mawa, but as per your taste you can make many other types of stuffings. You can add suji in the
mawa, or you can add coconut to it, or you can make a stuffing by roasting moong dal. You can make anything you like. The dough has also fluffed up and is ready. Now we will smoothen the dough by kneading it for a while. We will make round balls with the help of dough Once all the balls are ready, cover it with a cloth, so that they do not get dry. We have taken a mould for shaping the gujias. This is easily available everywhere in the market. Now we will roll out the balls smoothly one by one. It should be approximately 3 ½ to 4 inch in length. It should be equal to the mould. While rolling we should make sure, the puri should be rolled out equally from all sides. It should not be the case that its thick from the corners and thin inside. Keep the rolled out puri on top of the mould in such a way that it covers it completely. Add 2 tbsp of stuffing on it. With the help of your finger, apply water on all four sides of the puri. Close the mould tightly. Remove the extra puri coming out from the sides. On opening the mould, you will see that our gujia is ready. Now put all the gujias in the baking tray. Apply some oil on the baking tray to make it soft. Keep collecting the extra maida from the gujia mould
as it can be used later for making extra gujias. It takes time to make gujias, so cover the ones that
you have already made otherwise they will get dry. Once all the gujias are ready, we will bake them. Put the microwave on the convection mode and preheat it on 200 c. You can also bake it in an OTG. Let the gujia bake for 10 minutes and then check. The gujia has become a little brown in colour. Our gujia are baked to a great extend. Add 2 small tbsps of milk in the condensed milk. Mix it well. If you do not have condensed milk, you can also
take some cream and add powdered sugar to it. Keep mixing till it gets thick. Apply this on both sides of the gujia to make it appear smooth and shiny. This will also make the gujia sweet. Once again put it in the oven and let it bake for another 4 minutes on 200 c. Keep checking it in between and then bake it for
some more time till it's colour does not change. The gujia is brown in colour from both sides. Our gujia is baked and ready. The baked gujia is now ready and looks delicious. It is very easy to prepare baked gujia because it is
not at all oily so there is no risk of it bursting. You can easily make baked gujia. We have applied the mixture of condensed milk on top of the gujia, as it gives a shine and
also makes it sweet, but if you don't want you can avoid it. Still the gujia will be tasty. Once the gujia is completely cool, you can store
it in any container and store it till 1 week. Please do make baked gujia, eat it and share
your experiences on nishamadhulika.com. We will meet once again with a new recipe. Do subscribe on our channel.